Thursday, February 4, 2010

That thing that everybody do...fall in love!

Well, is been 2 years I lived in Spain..so far I cant complain at all.

The first couple of days was interesting.

First getting used to the fact that EVERYBODY speaks Spanish around me was kinda weird. I still remember, being in the metro and seeing a child speaking Spanish, that is when I thought..Dude I'm in SPAIN!. So I was frantically seeking to speak English.

Second, getting use to the fact that in Europe just because you have coins, does it mean they are pennies. I went and ate at a restaurant, I paid and gave 20 euros, got the change and just left it there, you know like in USA, leave the quarters, dimes and pennies. Well that day the waitress got a nice 10 Euro tip, in coins of 1 and 2 euros!!!!.

Third getting used to the fact the in Europe, Life is more important than work...that was EASY! Is amazing how many brakes they take here in Spain, yet being productive! I start work at 9 and finish around 6, with a Pre-lunch break, lunch break, snack break and feel like a did a lot!

I quickly made a lot of friends from around the world, I can have a UN meeting in my place, is so nice!

So to the topic: Love, I fell in love 3 times...

1) With out knowing I fell in love with Madrid. This city is Amazing, it has so much to offer is ridiculous. Art, Music, Dance, Nature, etc. I'm happy to say I live in Madrid. The Metro system is Clean, punctual and safe!. The fact I can go to a restaurant that is older than the USA makes you think!

2) Oh my beautiful A (I'm going to keep the names private), So I met this girl in Chicago before I left..of course that is my luck. In fact the picture of my profile in this blog she took!. This girl is amazing, funny, intelligent, sexy, did I say intelligent! We clicked immediately after we met. Then I find out that she is Spanish! and that she is Moving...Well I opened up!

So there I was a year waiting for her, we traveled together to many cool places....but...she never opened her hearth to me...Sadly I found out that she does not have "chemistry" with me :(
For some strange reason...I still was perusing her...don't know maybe chemistry will appear..I don't know..I would even go and meet her with her Date...don't recommend that...specially if the guy is a Douche bag! Little by little, and I guess because I was tiered that all my love was not corresponded...I started to let go and realize that she is just a good friend.

3).... oh boy...mi dulce D...boys and girls this one is RECENT...in fact I'm writing again because her...So where do I start...I met her in a International Lunch event in Madrid, where people go to speak English..(Told you I was frantically seeking to speak English). When I saw her eyes, I saw something incredibly, so I wanted to meet her, but I so freaking shy that I did not know how...I over heard that she's been to Australia..that when I interrupted and said "G'day mate, so what part of Oz you been?" from that moment we spent the whole night laughing, telling jokes and doing accents.

D is AMAZING, she is so sweet, romantic, loves poetry, romantic music...she is as hopeless romantic as I am. Of course, she had a Boyfriend....FUCK!...Murphy YOU SUCK! So I just decided to treat her like a friend and that is it.

But....she was very very interested..she would write me in Facebook, write me in Emails, call me...So we start going ou..AS FRIENDS!. Every time I got to know her better, the more I liked her, the more I wanted to kiss her and hold in my arms. But I could not, she was un-available. So we got to know each other very good. I could be myself with her, I could Sing Luis Miguel and not worry about scaring the girl, I could read poems to her and not worry she would think I was a creep..then she tells me she is Leaving his Boyfriend....then she writes this email saying that her love story is like a novel from Venezuela where there is 3 characters and one of them is you!

WOAW...I read that and I started to float, 3 and I'm one of them...and she is leaving the boyfriend...this is going to end good!

Time passes, he had and incredibly date , I cooked her favorite Thai dish, we sing Karaoke in my place using TV remote controls like mics, we told jokes..IT WAS PERFECT! so I wanted to talk about the sweet email and tell her how I felt about her. I wanted to tell her that for the first time I could tell a woman..I love you with out touching her, kissing...It was strange, more time passed till one sunday after ANOTHER AMAZING DATE, she explain the email:

So I ask her, hey so 3 charaters..You, Boyfriend and Me, so how do you think is going to end?
That is when the bomb was droped...No Francisco, is Me, you and Guy #3 ............................................................

Murphy where ever you are...what ever I did to you..IM SORRY, I dont know what..but IM SORRY.

A third guy, not only that, he had more time with her than me...The sad thing was, I was prepare to kiss her that night and tell her with a kiss everything I had inside. I put myself in her shoes and felt that she was in a hard place.

Of course, 3 days after that, I get the email. Sorry you where not selected, but thanks for playing.

Now, I do have to say, this woman did it very good. Like a very good nurse injecting you. It hurt in the moment, boy did I cried, but with a little help with my friends I stood up. We talked and said what we felt. I cant blame her, she is following her hearth like I did with her. I wish her the best and thank her for showing me that someone like me can touch a hearth like hers.

Love is hard, it has to many written and un-written rules that if you think about it..don't apply never to you!

I do confess that I'm worry about #4 who ever she is, I'm tired of falling in love by myself. But I will never give up, I will never change the way I do things, I will never stop believing in love and I will never stop apolligizing to Murphy so one day he leaves me alone!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I just wanted to vent a bit.

Life, Laugh and Love
Francisco

No comments: