Sunday, July 13, 2008

USPS curiosity

So after 7 days of psychological preparation I'm ready to deal with the post office.

So while doing researching to find how much will cost me to send my half ton of books, I stumble upon this:

Country Conditions for Mailing — Spain

(Includes Canary Islands)

Prohibitions (130)

Arms; ammunition; weapons; parts and components of weapons; and other related equipment.

Coins; banknotes; currency notes (paper money); traveler’s checks; securities payable to bearer; platinum, gold or silver, manufactured or not; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles except in insured Priority Mail International parcels.

Foodstuffs containing saccharine in any amount.

Human remains.

Live plants and animals.

Perishable infectious biological substances.

Playing cards.

Radioactive materials.

Tobacco (admitted only to the Canary Islands, Ceuta, and Melilla).

Restrictions

Used clothing must be accompanied by a certificate of disinfection.



Did you noticed it!!!!

PLAYING CARDS ARE PROHIBITED!!! WTF!!!

But the funny part is, Playing cards come first then a less dangerous thing...you know like RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL!!

So what happens if I bring playing cards, would I disrupt some kind of Playing card Ecological balance!!! First thing I will do in Spain is investigate this, and yes I WILL BRING PLAYING CARD!!

1 comment:

Velvet Sparks said...

what are you getting into.....